Eleven ways of helping others
1) alleviating the suffering of others and offering assistance in their work
2) teaching worldly or spiritual skills to others
3) returning the kindness we have received
4) removing dangers that threaten others and eliminating the causes of fear
5) consoling others when they are in grief
6) giving material assistance to the poor
7) helping those who experience problems that come when they have anger or desirous attachment
8) helping others in a way that is appropriate to their own views and customs. We need to offer help in a way that is relevant to the them that they can accept, without attacking their beliefs or views.
9) encouraging those who have entered correct spiritual paths and helping them continue their practice
10) helping those who have entered wrong paths and mistaken views to enter correct spiritual paths.
11) helping others by using whatever miracle powers we possess.